Ann Purcell relates the following short account from B. B. in England:
“Sometimes during meditation golden light pours into my head, as if squeezed through a cloth, filling my head with light. At times, I feel like a newborn baby entering a new dimension of reality made of infinite tenderness, purity, love, and divine wholeness, a heavenly domain.”
[in Ann Purcell, The Transcendental Meditation Technique and the Journey of Enlightenment, (Green Dragon Publishing Group: 2015).]
Some similarities to Joseph Smith’s First Vision seem to include:
- Seeing a beautiful light
- The light is associated with the head
- The light comes down from above
- The light fills one’s self
- Feeling like one is entering a new space, a different realm
- Feeling innocent and clean again
- Sensing that the new space is heaven
- Feeling a profound joy, love, and peace
Transcendental Meditation (TM) is one of many different forms and techniques of meditation. It focuses on mantras. Another well known method is vipassana meditation, which often focuses on one’s own breath.
If you would like to submit a “First Vision” account, either personal or found, for inclusion on this website, please click here.